Well, it’s that time again – Christmas Eve is next weekend. For many, the gifts have been purchased, wrapped and labeled due to the availability and convenience of online shopping – no more wandering around the mall on December 23rd! So in the spirit of the holiday and the abundance of online shopping with home delivery in a day or two, here are some hints that you can leave around the house.
- 10mm and 13mm wrenches. You never have enough 10’s and 13’s, and they always seem to run off and hide when you need them.
- Super-thin Open End Wrench Set, $19.99. Eight wrenches, 5.5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 19, 21, 22, 23, 24, and 27 mm. With pouch, four those hard-to-get-to areas.
- Brazen 10mm Socket TEN PACK! $42.99. Genius, Six-point and twelve-point, 1/4″, 3/8″ and 1/2″ drive, deep and shallow.
- 3-in-1 Suction Cub Phone Holder for Windshield, Dash or Air Vent. $14.99. We have one of these in Sparky.
- Emergency Roadside Kit, $39.42. Includes tools, tow rope, shovel, jumper cables, gloves – 124 things in all. Fits in the back cubby!
- Non-Marring 1/2″ Impact Lug Nut Socket Set. $36.98. Protect your wheels with 17, 19, 21 and 22mm Deep Sockets.
Yes, all of these links go to Amazon, but other online retailers can also offer similar products at the same or even cheaper prices. The allure of Amazon is that they deliver, normally within a day or so. A trip to Harbor Freight for things like work gloves can also provide some nice and useful things. (The black cloth work gloves at HF are durable and inexpensive!)
Another idea that always works is GIFT CARDS! Amazon sells gift cards to, of course, Amazon, but also sells gift cards to almost every other retail outlet, chain restaurant and even Visa and Mastercard to use anywhere. The major Porsche Parts suppliers have gift cards or gift certificates in different denominations. Check Pelican Parts for gift certificate options. Rock Auto, too!
Gift-giving at Christmas time has its origins hundreds of years ago, and with the magic of “retail hype,” the exchange of gifts has become one of the central concepts associated with the December holidays. Choosing and giving gifts is a very personal thing as it should be! But remember that Christmas in 2022 has rightfully evolved into a celebration of family and friends – many of us found out how important that really was during the pandemic in the last few years. So as we ease into the Christmas weekend of 2022, take the time to gather with family and friends, put your differences aside, and just enjoy!
In the words of the immortal Forrest Gump – “That’s all I have to say about that!”
Merry Christmas to the 924S944.com Family.