Well, 2018 is over and 2019 is at our doorstep. For centuries people have started the new year each time it rolls around by making promises to themselves – in the presence of others – about what they will do, accomplish, etc. in the coming year. New Year’s Resolutions. So, as a public service to the front engine water cooled Porsche crowd, 924S944.com is going to offer a little help. Here are some resolutions that you can actually keep. So, repeat after me.
- I resolve to fix all the little things that are going wrong with my car, including things like switches that don’t work, trim that is missing or broken, the leaky hatch, the sunroof, etc. (Fill in your own list here.)
- I resolve to participate in at least two autocross events this year.
- I resolve to get involved in a Porsche Club or Porsche 944 event this year outside of an autocross.
- I resolve to attend one sports car race within driving distance of my home (if possible).
- I resolve to finish (insert your car project here) this year.
- I resolve to attend at least one “Cars and Coffee” in my area this year with my car.
- I resolve to attend at least one car show/gathering/swap meet in my area this year.
- I resolve to be proud of my car, even though it may not get the respect that it deserves from other Porsche folks or other car folks.
- I resolve to be more attentive to my significant other – at least as attentive as I am to my Porsche.
I added number nine from experience.
So that is our New Year’s Resolution List. Feel free to add your own, but this is enough to get you started. Remember that the reasons that we have these cars is because they are great cars that are affordable and provide us with smiles…so use them as such!