Christmas 2022 is in the rear-view mirror, and the dreaded New Year’s Resolution Season is in full swing. We here at 924S944.com decided to do the whole resolution thing scientifically, and suggest that you try it. (No guarantees here. Just a suggestion for success.) We don’t know if this will work, but nothing much as worked in the past so here goes nothing.
Look back at 2022 and figure out what it is that you need to do better in the coming year. Then pattern your resolutions to do better. However, remember to leave yourself a little wiggle room in case things don’t quite go as planned.
Get rid of some of the parts cars that we have. We have too many, and we need to strip what we need and get rid of the rest. The problem has been that we cannot know exactly what we will need, so the process of getting rid of these is difficult. (Wiggle room: the word SOME.)
- Slow down on buying parts cars. We can’t resolve to STOP buying parts cars. But slowing the pace is something that we can possibly do. (Wiggle room: the term SLOW DOWN.)
- Work towards getting better organized and free up floor space in the shop. We have done well so far but can do better. How much time is wasted looking for something that we cannot find? This includes finishing the “loft” for additional organized storage. (Wiggle room: the term WORK TOWARDS.)
Look at installing climate control/AC in the shop. Won’t make it cool, but reduce humidity in the summer. (Wiggle room: the term LOOK AT.)
- Try your best to stick to “Project Priority” list. Getting projects in order and sticking to it can be a problem, but we can do better. (Wiggle room: the term TRY YOUR BEST.)
- Try to go to more Porsche (and non-Porsche) events with our cars. No explanation needed. (Wiggle room: the term TRY TO GO.)
- Finally, relax more. Stress is a killer so reducing stress is a health item. Take more time to relax and recuperate. Spend more time with family, including the best wife a guy could ever have. (No wiggle room here. JUST DO IT.)
Well, that’s it. Notice that there is nothing in here about losing weight, drinking more water, saving money, exercising more or being nicer to the in-laws. No reason to torpedo the list before it get’s started!
Here is another idea for those of us who are getting a little up in years and find it difficult to celebrate the dawn of the New Year at midnight local time – a German Restaurant in Sanford (FL) is having a New Year’s celebration, but they will be welcoming the new year in at the same time as our German friends – which is 6 pm Eastern Standard Time. So on December 31 at 6 pm, it will be Happy New Year in Stuttgart. Great idea!
Have a happy, safe and productive New Year from all of us at 924S944.com!